Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sick Monkey

Well, the Monkey came down with a rough sounding cough last night, and will therefore not be heading to preschool this morning.  Best to keep her at home for her own health, as well as to keep the other monkeys in her class from getting whatever she had.  Don't love going to the preschool and seeing little ones hacking up a lung and spreading their germs around, and since I am at home I have the option to minimize the spread of this particular bug, at least through my child.

Of course, this likely means a trip to the doctor later - with the Catalan public health system, you go to one of these clinics called a CAP, and see the pediatrician there.  Luckily, ours is just a three minute walk from our house.  I hope we get the morning doctor though, the afternoon one is grumpy and insists on speaking Spanish all the time.  My Spanish = dreadful.  My Catalan = passable.  Therefore, I prefer morning doctor.

Hope she improves soon and a fever is not on the horizon.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment