Friday, February 3, 2012

Can you believe it???

Since I last posted over a week ago, my little monkey is still sick.  However, her cold has turned into a rather raging case of the runs.  This is not the first time we have battled this particular illness, but it is the first time since we've had Mr. Bean join our family, and to say that I have been lathering on the antibacterial hand sanitizer is to put it mildly.

My husband is away at a sports tournament for his school, leaving me with lots of diarrhea-affected laundry and drinking battles to face on my own.  Good timing, Monkey.  Since she has the additional complication of epilepsy, I've been enjoying force-feeding her yogurt with her morning and afternoon doses of medicine.  Good times.

I'm a bit stressed because she has very little interest in eating and just a bit more interest in drinking fluids...I'm not sure she's hydrated enough, and they don't sell Pedialyte here - just this gross 'strawberry-flavored' powder to mix with water.  I tried to sneak it past her, but no dice.  If she had, in fact, had dice in her hands she would have thrown them squarely in my face.

Hopefully it will all pass in the next couple of days...and not pass on to me or Mr. Bean.  Or my husband either...he'll be of no help to me then!

No comments:

Post a Comment