Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Raining and Pouring

Not literally.  Here in Barcelona, the weather is still just as lovely as can be.  I am speaking of the figurative raining and pouring, as in we are still at the hospital, the fever is still coming and going for the most part, though I am hoping it has finally gone for good.

Mati has some infection markers in her blood, however, so they are keeping her another night.  And I have just gotten a call as I sit here watching her sleep that my little Keane has a fever at his preschool and must be picked up.  Thank goodness for grandparents.  I've done my best the past couple of days to try to stay on top of things with work and a sick kid, but my husband and I are quickly reaching our stress limits.  I've gone into work both days this week, taught the classes I needed to teach, and headed to the hospital during my prep times with minimal coverage from substitutes.  I think that this is more than most would do...

Add to all of this that my class of second graders seem to be experiencing some sort of epidemic.  I had 12 students today out of 22, and two went home sick during the day.  Good lord.

I need this adorable Hazmat suit.  And a spa vacation to the Bahamas for a week.

And a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I can give you a free bed in Barbados!

    I hope that the stress levels lower themselves very soon. Glad to hear you are toughing it out with work as well, although I wouldn't expect anything different from you!

    Much love to all of you x

    ReplyDelete