Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Transitions

Having kids is a lot of stress, isn't it?  Having one was manageable, because when one parent was taking care of the baby, the other one had a bit of free time.  Now, it seems, that we each have the responsibility for one of these little monkeys all of the time.  Except, of course, during the day, when I have responsibility for both of them continuously.

This transition has been difficult for our family, as my husband has taken on extra responsibilities at work, and comes home very tired and stressed out already.  I know he would like to put his feet up and rest a bit, but I'm still working on how to make that happen.  I do think, even with two kids, that my day is a bit less stressful than his own...but I NEED him when he gets home.  I wish the garbage could walk itself out to the containers, but that doesn't seem to be part of the town recycling program quite yet.  I also wish that Mr. Bean was capable of being on his own for more than 2.5 minutes, but he is a bit of a clingy fellow and enjoys the company of others (read: he CAN NOT ever be alone).

So...what to do?  Keep on keeping on, I guess.  I realize that many couples struggle a bit when there are small ones running the house.  I wish this wouldn't happen, but it seems to have.  Just hoping it is a passing phase, and once they are a bit more self-reliant we can get back to having more of a focus on the 'us' part of our family as well.

I suppose it is normal, but that doesn't mean I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment